Gluten-Free Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cups
Enjoy these Gluten-Free Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cups for a delicious, heart-healthy, on-the-go snack!
We all lead busy lives and as much as we try to slow life down, we always seem to add more and more to our hectic schedules. I am guilty of being a “busybody”, but I’m not ashamed. I love spending time with my people and doing things that I love, so I need to have healthy snacks that keep my energy up all day long. And the best snacks are easy to bring with me everywhere and easy to share — because sharing makes the world a better place.
The key to on-the-go snacking is prepping your snacks at the beginning of every week and stocking your pantry with your favorite go-to whole ingredients. My oatmeal cups are made with ingredients that I have on hand at all times. What’s in them?
- cow’s milk
- rolled oats
- coconut oil
These Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cups are a heart-healthy snack packed with fiber and protein. They are a great meal-prep snack that you can make at the beginning of every week to freeze for a quick on-the-go breakfast or snack!
This recipe calls for milk from a carton — and May is Carton Awareness Month! (I also like the fact that cartons are made with a renewable material — paper made from trees!) For the oatmeal cups, I use cow’s milk, but if you are dairy-free, you can substitute any non-dairy carton milk. Although the strawberry and banana combination is one of my favorites, if you have other fruit on hand, feel free to use your favorite fruit combination instead of the strawberries and bananas!
No matter what carton milk or fruit you use, these oatmeal cups are the perfect on-the-go treat for any “busybody” who is looking for a healthy grab-and-go snack!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 eggs, large
¾ cup milk (preferably 1% or 2%)
1 medium banana, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup strawberries, chopped
Pinch of salt
- First, preheat the oven to 350º F and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the banana in a medium size bowl and mash until smooth. Add the rest of the wet ingredients (minus the coconut oil, we will add that last) and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Finally, add the melted coconut oil and mix.
- Fill each muffin tin cup about ⅓ to ½ full and sprinkle additional strawberry chunks and banana slices over the top of each cup.
- Bake at 350ºF for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!